6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2009 9:20 AM by C. Agruss (Adobe)

Licensing Expired

nathanhinish Level 1

I had the MAX Preview of Flash Catalyst installed.  I uninstalled it using AppZapper, then installed the new beta.  Now I get "License Expired: Licensing for this product has expired" and can't run the app.

I tried this solution but had no luck.  I'm on a Mac.  Does anyone have any ideas?

• 1. Re: Licensing Expired
          I_am_CAM Level 1

What if you try this Serial Number for Mac:

• Windows — 1395-1003-6369-7619-0587-6556
        • Macintosh — 1395-0008-4467-2145-8771-1212
        •  

Found here:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=labs%5Fflashcatalyst

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Licensing Expired
            nathanhinish Level 1

Yeah I tried both.  When I try to use the Windows one, I get an X.  When I

use the Mac one, I get a checkmark, but then the "License Expired" prompt

comes up.

• 3. Re: Licensing Expired
              Thomas L (Adobe) Adobe Employee

A written instruction on pre-release forum help number of folks who had the same problem. I copy /paste it below.

All credit goes to Aaron Dolberg. In your case, install it again with serial number for beta.  Hope this helps.

Download the Mac version of the Repair tool from this page: http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/licensing.html

------------

For anyone who hasn’t been able to launch successfully, try these steps in this exact order:

1)      launch catalyst and verify you get the "license expired" error (this helps make sure we’re all at the same starting point)
              2)       uninstall Catalyst
              3)       reboot
              4)       without opening any other programs, run the license repair tool.
              a.       There are 3 possible places in the repair tool dialog where you can enter options. Follow these exactly:
                                                                             i.      When asked about language, press "e" (without the quotes )
                                                                           ii.      When asked if you want to shut down any programs, press "n"
                                                                           iii.      when asked if you are ready to run the repair, press "0"

NOTE: the terminal will appear as follows at this step:

** If you are ready to run the repair, then press
              the "enter/return" key now.

** If you have already run the repair once, but it didn’t work,
              then reboot and run the repair again (files may have been locked).

** If you have run the repair after rebooting and it still didn’t
              work, then reboot and when you get to this screen, enter 0.

(If the steps above did not work, and licensing continues to fail,
              then please contact customer support.)

Note: This may take a few moments.

5)       Re-install Catalyst and use the serial number posted on the pre-release site
              6)       Launch Catalyst

At this point you should be set. If not, please let us know.

- Aaron

------------

• 4. Re: Licensing Expired
                shahinyan

Does that kill all the existing CS3/CS4 installation and we would need to reinstall them too?

• 5. Re: Licensing Expired
                  nathanhinish Level 1

I don't know what was different about this time, but after maybe three or four cycles of installing/uninstalling/using the license repairer, I got it working.

I think maybe the key lies in rerunning (is that a word?) the repair tool with the zero option immediately after rebooting.  MAKE SURE NOT TO RUN OTHER ADOBE PRODUCTS.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Nathan

• 6. Re: Licensing Expired
                    C. Agruss (Adobe) Level 3

Generally, the Repair Tool will preserve your other Adobe licenses. If you use the full "Erase" option though, then you might need to re-enter your product serial numbers.

-Chris