Regards to first issue, "FC keeps crashing when I try to set or edit text", can you please try a few things to see if it goes away.
(1) First, if you can find it, can you please attach a .log file (a text file) to help engineers on isolate the issue.
- Launch Window Help and Support. (don't need to go online)
- Type in "Show Hidden Files" in Search field. Enter key to search it.
- Follow the link instruction to Show hidden file.
- Then go to C:\Users\YourAccountName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Flash Catalyst\workspace\.metadata\ a text document (~ 2kb)
- IF you find it, please attached it to this thread.
(2) Follow the steps to clean preference.
- Go back a level to C:\Users\YourAccountName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Flash Catalyst\workspace\
- Delete the workspace folder, then relaunch the app. Try again to set text.
Let us know if this work please.
FC default font is set at Arial , 12 pt. If a crash still occurs, can you let us know the font name(s), or style you try to set in FC when crashing ?
I tried to attach a video of the carsh. It basically happens when I try to change the font. It show some of my font list but when I scroll down to see more fonts the box is empty and crashes. I guess my video is too big for the forum. If you would like me to send it somewhere else let me know.