Which version of RoboHelp are you using?
I have to run, so I'm going to post how I do it in RH6. RH6 doesn't have a setting in the skin editing GUI, so there may be an easier way in RH 7 or 8.
- You can do this whole operation with the project open in RoboHelp. I would create a new custom skin first to try it on.
- If your project is in source control, check out the skin file first (example fred.skn).
- In Windows Explorer, find the .skn file - by default, it's stored in projectfolder\!SkinSubFolder!\skinfolder.
- Open the .skn file in any text editor. Notepad works fine.
- There are two lines that start with "frameset cols=" in the skin file. Default is <frameset cols="220,*" etc.
- Change the 220 to the number of columns you want. Make sure you change it in both places.
- Save the skin file.
- Generate the project with the edited skin and display the project. (If you open it in IE and your settings suppress ActiveX content, you will need to allow active content before the TOC pane resizes.
It worked! And, yes, you must change the value in BOTH locations.