2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2009 10:54 AM by Thomas Knoll

Turning Raw into JPG (using automated batch action)

TheStudioMK

I have finally decided to try and learn a bit more... this is all motivated by me not being happy with White Balance and the results I get... I want more vibrant colours and natural skin tones...

Anyways I have decided to start shooting in RAW... but dont know how I get them into JPG format ??? I know I need to use Photoshop/Batch... but not sure exactly what...

When I open a RAW image it appears in Photoshop (CS3) and allows me to really manipulate the colours... but how do I then SAVE those changes and create a action so I can automate batch the pics...

Cause we shoot large sets of images (like 100-200 per set) it's important that I can automate batch them... way too slow to do each image individually...

Any help would be greatly appreciated... do I make the changes in Photoshop then batch them in Bridge ? Please think of me as a absolute newbie who needs a step by step instruction lol

• 1. Re: Turning Raw into JPG (using automated batch action)
          TheStudioMK Level 1

Ok here's a step to step of what I want to do...

I want to open the RAW image... I take it I do that in Photoshop ? I say that cause when I double click a RAW image thats where it automatically opens...

After I done that I want to play around with the image... ajust exposure/colours ect... The programe that the RAW image opens in is perfect to do that, I believe it's opened in Camara Raw 4.0...

But here is the tricky bit... what I really want to be able to do is then create a action/automated batch so that I can make the same changed (automated) to all the images from that set... not have to do them individually... and at the same time change the images into JPG's

So thats the bit I guess how and what do I use to do that ?

• 2. Re: Turning Raw into JPG (using automated batch action)
            Thomas Knoll Level 2

Open all the images at once in Camera Raw (select all the images in Bridge, and pick "Open in Camera Raw...".  Press the "Select All" button.  Make any changes to the images you want using the sliders, etc.  Press the "Save Images..." button.  Pick JPEG format in the resulting save options dialog.