WSMonitor is other way to see how much memory Flash player consumes for runtime objects. We cannt say it is alternative as it only show consumption not the Classes & object which are taking memory.
See follwing steps to start profiler:
1. Close all browser instances.
2. Make a change in WEB-INF\flex\flex-config.xml(for web-applications)
3. Give path of SWF http:\\localhost:9090\application.swf
& ensure you have installed debugger version of flash player(which will get on adobe site lates 10.0.X)
Hope this will help you.
Thank you again.
Question: Where do you give the path to the swf?
Does the debugging work only for flash player 10 (content debugger)? I am programming for flash player 9 and have therefore player 9 (content debugger) installed. I have tried both players without luck, but I was wondering if I should just stick with player 10...?
The problem seems to be in the following line in my mm.cfg file:
PreloadSwf=/Users/stephan/Documents/Flex Builder 3/.metadata/.plugins/com.adobe.flash.profiler/ProfilerAgent.swf?host=localhost&port=8888
Removing this line will make the swf appear in a new browser, but
- no objects appear and
- the console displays a "Socket timeout.".
- An Error pops up once the browser starts:
Error: ProfilerAgent.socketDataHandler: unknown command = 60
at ProfilerAgent/socketDataHandler()[C:\faramir\flex\sdk\modules\profiler3\as\ProfilerAgent. as:1008]
The ProfilerAgent seems to be setup wrong. This C:\faramis path looks unfamiliar. Not sure where this has been set. How can I change this? Where is the ProfilerAgent API? Which class makes use of it?
When I remove the PreloadSwf line from the mm.cfg file, the debugger works. I get all the traces in the console. The profiler starts with suspending the application and giving me a few options:
- Connected from : oldSite.com (this option again is some other site I have developped earlier... not sure where this can be set?)
- Application: http://myapp:888/myapp.swf
- Enable Memory Profiling...
- Enable Performance Profiling...
Then once I hit resume, the console says: "socket timeout". No objects or classes appear. The memory profiler seems to be doing something.. not sure though if the line just stays very close to zero...