2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2010 9:13 AM by lindsey_s

Not able to remove "Flex Data Visualization Trial" watermark

ravindra.kumar Level 1

Hi,

I am not able to remove "Flex Data Visualization Trial" watermark. This watermark comes on the screen when I am trying to use the datavisualization components, eg. advanceddatagrid. Though I have flex builder professional license. How we can remove this watermark? Please help me to get out of this problem.

Thanks and Regards,

Ravindra

• 1. Re: Not able to remove "Flex Data Visualization Trial" watermark
          Vera Carr Level 2

Hi Ravindra,

Please try the following steps pulled from the Flash Builder Release Notes:

Using Flex Datavisualization with Flash Builder 4

The Flex data visualization features will continue to work with Flex SDK 3.4 and Flex SDK 4 projects in Flash Builder 4. But enabling data visualization features requires additional steps post install.

The serial key you enter into the Flash Builder 4 (Beta) serial key dialog will not remove the watermarks from the data visualization components. A valid Flex Builder 3 Professional key is required to remove watermarks from data visualization components. Use the instructions at http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/html/help.html?content=configuring_environment_2.html  to setup  Flex Builder 3 licensing by either editing the license.properties or the flex-config.xml file.

You need to manually run the java based extraction command to extract the data visualization sources from the file DMV-source.jar file. This file is located in the SDK's lib directory. In Flash Builder 4, the lib directory is located at {Flash Builder 4}\sdks\3.4.0\lib or the corresponding 4.0.0 SDK.

The syntax to extract the data visualization source code is as follows: java -jar DMV-source.jar {license-file-location} {output-location}The first argument is the location of the license.properties file. This file must contain a valid Flex Builder 3 Professional license key. The location for the for the extracted source is specified with the second parameter.

Thanks,

Vera

• 2. Re: Not able to remove "Flex Data Visualization Trial" watermark
            lindsey_s Level 1

The only way I could remove the watermark was by doing the following:

Update license.properties file

Update flex-config.xml in the SDK/features folder (not sure if this helped)

Add the following to the compiler under project-->properites --> Flex Compiler

add this to additional compiler arguments:

-license=flexbuilder3,000000000000000000000000

I can remove this and it still seems to be working.