5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2009 7:37 AM by iggyotis

is this website all done in flash?

iggyotis

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to find out  whether this website is all done in Flash?

http://www.ecomrecruitment.com/

I really like the style and I think it's Flash but not sure.  How do they get the whole animation to fit the whole screen without a users horizontal scrollbar coming in? Is this something you can set in Dreamweaver when you upload it?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: is this website all done in flash?
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Yes, this is a Flash design.  You can usually tell by right clicking around the page.  The normal html page menu will not appear, but instead one appears with Flash related options. It is possible to make Flash sites that automatically size to the browser/window size.  Below are a couple of links:

Flash Full Screen Adaptable design
          ----------------------------------

http://www.tutorio.com/tutorial/liquid-flash-layout

http://www.gotoandlearn.com/play?id=31

• 2. Re: is this website all done in flash?
            The Feldkircher Level 2

Hi

The main content is all Flash, headers and footers are HTML Divs, the Flash content height and width are set 100% with no scaling.

The reason why the horizontal bar is not visible is because the stage is set to 100% of the browser window and each part of the site is tweened from off stage either left or right depending which arrow you press.

The HTML uses ufo.js to embed the swf enabling SEO flash content.

• 3. Re: is this website all done in flash?
              iggyotis Level 1

thanks for this guys..will check out those tutorials Murray!

Feldkircher, do you mean the person put some code in their flash movie to set the stage is set to 100% of the browser window?

Did they have the stage size really wide so the whole thing is one long movie which an arrow will tween it along to?

• 4. Re: is this website all done in flash?
                The Feldkircher Level 2

As far as I know it's not possible to set a percentage within Flash for the

height or width of the Stage.

It is possible however, to set the Publish Settings to a percentage or pixel

value, so that the Stage will be rendered in the Browser at this size.

It's common practice to use an alternative to Publish Settings, such as

UFO.js or SWFObject.js, these allow you to set Flashvar parameters.

Generally you make your Stage the maximum size you need, and set your width,

height properties to 100% within your html wrapper with no-scaling and align

it top-left.

Then whatever the size of the user's browser it will render full size.

All none visual assets are off stage, until an arrow is pressed.

Depending on which is pressed, the off stage assets are tweened on stage

whilst tweening the on stage assets off stage.

• 5. Re: is this website all done in flash?
                  iggyotis Level 1

thanks for this Feldkircher! I have just finished my online portfolio and I used the swfObject.js but I wasn't really too sure what everything meant...I'm learning it all now which is a very backwards way of doing it but I need my portfolio to get work so it had to be done as quickly as possible.

I think my site (www.zoeglazebrook.co.uk) may be too wide but that is something I will have to change at a later date. this is a very steep learning curve for me, so my next site will be thought out a lot better to start with!