3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2009 11:47 AM by Kodebuster

Do i need to render videos in PRE7?

ShoryukeN48
      Hello, i am new to Adobe Premiere Elements 7

I was wondering, everytime i add a video to my timeline and preview it, it lags for some sort of reason.

After searching, people suggested that i render the video by pressing the 'enter' key.

Do i really need to do this if i want to preview the video without any lag?

When rendering it:

• Takes up space
      • Takes a while to render

---

Thank-You

Please Reply.

• 1. Re: Do i need to render videos in PRE7?
          Kodebuster Level 3

Rendering will help in many instances regarding a smooth clean view with the Monitor.

Of more importance, is there a lag on the final product when exported via Share.

If that's the case, kindly indicate what, where, and how you loaded your video assets into PE.

If there are issues in this area, then your experience with PE will go down hill rapidly...

• 2. Re: Do i need to render videos in PRE7?
            ShoryukeN48 Level 1

Hello, Thanks for replying.

The problem seems to be with the preview window, if i Share the file it turns out to be smooth as the original file, it's just the preview window, if i play it before rendering, it lags, and the framerate drops. Any ideas?

---

Thank-You.

Please Reply.

• 3. Re: Do i need to render videos in PRE7?
              Kodebuster Level 3

My guess not knowing the format and source of the video, it could be a combo of things that may be at fault.

The speed of your CPU.

Firmware updates for video and system performance.

A fragmented disk.

System performance tuning.

Check the FAQ's at top right of page for guidelines on system tuning.

If not there already, take one of the clips and convert it to DV-AVI outside of PE, then import this into PE and view.

(You can use Windows Movie Maker (WMM) for the conversion).

You should see a marked improvement in Monitor view with DV-AVI.

If you don't, your overall system performance may be so poor, that it doesn't help, even with DV-AVI...