3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2009 2:47 PM by Gaurav J

Profiler connect from value?

stephan.k Level 1

Hello Forum

I am getting closer to getting this profiler to work... I can sense it...

Please see the attached screenshot.

Why does it say "myoldflashsite.com" in the "connected from" field?

According to flash documentation this value cannot be changed.  I am debugging on the same computer, now why doesn't it say "localhost" there?

Any ideas or clues?

Thank you all.

Regards

sk

• 1. Re: Profiler connect from value?
          Gaurav J Adobe Employee

Are you launching the app using "Profile External Application" and are you providing a url to "myoldflashsite.com" ??

If so, then its showing up correctly - because the app is being served from myoldflashsite.com

Thanks,

Gaurav Jain

Flex SDK Team

• 2. Re: Profiler connect from value?
            stephan.k Level 1

Hi Gaurav

Thank you for looking into this.  I appreciate it.

>>Are you launching the app using "Profile External Application" and are you providing a url to "myoldflashsite.com" ??

No I am not.  That is the strange thing.  I don't even have myoldflashsite.com setup in flex builder.  I have it setup in MAMP and in Flash CS4.  But not in FB3.

I am trying to profile it by pusing the profiling button on the top as well as by using Profiling External Application.  I have tried profiling the .html  as well as .swf files.  The Browser launches without complaining now (I have switched the ports from 8888 to 9999 and that got rid of the error message)

No Luck...

Any ideas?

sk

• 3. Re: Profiler connect from value?
              Gaurav J Adobe Employee

does you app or the html wrapper loads another swf which comes from myoldflashsite.com?? if not, log a bug (http://bugs.adobe.com/flex) .

Also I can not see the image you attached earlier. Can you attach it again.

-Gaurav