5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2009 8:06 PM by Jasprizza

Installation failing

dscokween

I've attempted to install Catalyst 3 times on my older PC, and have had failures each time.  I'm running a ShuttleX w AMD XP 2200 1.66 GHz and 2 gb of RAM.  OS is Win XP/SP3.  I've installed other cs4 apps like Flash, PS, Illustrator and Dreamweaver, so I'm not sure why this is not installing properly.  Any advice would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: Installation failing
          Thomas L (Adobe) Adobe Employee

HI,

Do you see any failing message or does it failed silently ?

Also, here is current system requirement for FC, can you please check to see if the requirements are met ?

Windows:

• 2GHz or faster processor
          • Microsoft® Windows® XP with SP2 or greater, Windows Vista® Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise with Service Pack 1 (tested with 32-bit Windows XP and Windows Vista)
          • 1GB or RAM (2GB Highly recommended)
          • 1GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on flash-based storage devices)
          • 1,024x768 display (1,280x800 or greater recommended) with 16-bit or greater video card

thank you

• 2. Re: Installation failing
            dscokween Level 1

It is failing silently, however, it appears my processor might not be quite fast enough.  Too bad.

Thanks for the helpful answer.

• 3. Re: Installation failing
              bruce_adobe Adobe Employee

I don't know what the solution is, but I do know that a slow CPU will not cause Catalyst to refuse to run. So that is not what is causing your problem.

- Bruce

• 4. Re: Installation failing
                Thomas L (Adobe) Adobe Employee

Agreed with Bruce.

Currently the installer checks for CPU isn't function yet.  There maybe something else in play here.

I just confirmed the engineer,  he asks would you please attach the latest log file  in. gz format that locate in the following location:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Installers

thanks

• 5. Re: Installation failing
                  Jasprizza

It won't run unless you have an intel based machine - I found this out when I tried installing on a mac. Have now switched to Windows machine and it's Ok.