12 Replies Latest reply on Jun 8, 2009 1:57 PM by Kevin Pavlovic

I cant export my edited video :(

cem yazan

Hi,

I got the the trial version of adobe premiere pro and have wacthed a few tuts on it and i have edited my video but now when i go to export it and it goes to Adobe encoder when i click on the start que it says Could not read from the source. Please check if it has moved or been deleted. does any one know how i can resolve this problem

thanks.

cem

• 1. Re: I cant export my edited video :(
          Harm Millaard Level 7

What format do you export to? With the trial version you have no MPEG options.

• 2. Re: I cant export my edited video :(
            cem yazan Level 1

Hi Harm,

I have tryd nearly all of the formats but i would like to export it to avi what i have realised aswell, if i just put a video on stage and i dont edit it or anything i still cant export it because it gives the same error  but on the encoder if i click on add button and choose the same video it converts it fine. My current video format is flv but i have also try to export it using avi

thanks

Cem

• 3. Re: I cant export my edited video :(
              Harm Millaard Level 7

When you select Microsoft AVI, choose either NTSC or PAL, whatever applies to your source, you click OK, AME opens up. What happens then when you press Start Queue?

• 4. Re: I cant export my edited video :(
                cem yazan Level 1

When you click start que the status come up with and yellow triangle signal and when you put your cursor over it says Could not read from the source. Please check if it has moved or been deleted.but i hasn't?

• 5. Re: I cant export my edited video :(
                  Harm Millaard Level 7

I can't replicate that. You could try to reinstall AME.

• 6. Re: I cant export my edited video :(
                    cem yazan Level 1

Is there anything i possible would be doin when i am setting up the project?

Thanks

Cem

• 7. Re: I cant export my edited video :(
                      Harm Millaard Level 7

In general set up your sequence to match your source material. If you start with DV material, setup a DV sequence, if you use HDV, set your sequence accordingly, etc. So what source material do you have from what video camera?

• 8. Re: I cant export my edited video :(
                        Kevin Pavlovic Level 1

Hi Cem,

I've been getting this error every once in awhile since the latest update.  In my case I beleive it's because i've sort of hacked into my premiere project files to alter some of it's code, but I have noticed it happening on a couple projects that were working fine before the update and now they don't. The projects work and look fine in Premiere but give the source media error you have when exporting in Media Encoder.

What has worked for me to get around this is I have to select all my files in the project window and make them offline.  I then re-link all the media (usually just have to find one file and it will automatically link all the rest that are selected).  Now when I export it works fine. (Oh... occassionally I'll have to also use the function:  Project/Remove Unused before exporting as well.

I think this is happening with a difference in how the update interprets the <offlinereason> and <codectype> tags in project code, but i'm not sure.

I hope this helps!

Kevin.

• 9. Re: I cant export my edited video :(
                          Frédéric Leclair Level 1

My collaborator and I are also experiencing this isue on a freshly install Premiere CS4.

Here's message:

- Source File: C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\TEST - CF.prproj
                          - Output File: Y:\T&T - AE compositions\041\DEER 41\Stock Video Footage Front Royal, VA - Shenandoah PArk - Deer Moving - DV.avi
                          - Preset Used: Custom
                          - Video: 720x480, 29.97 [fps], Lower, Quality 100
                          - Audio:
                          - Bitrate:
                          - Encoding Time: 00:00:00
                          03/06/2009 14:07:16 : Encoding Failed
                          -----------------------------------------
                          Error compiling movie.

Unknown error.
                          -----------------------------------------

- Source File: C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\Totem & Taboo - OMF export FINAL.prproj
                          - Output File: Y:\T&T - AE compositions\041\DEER 41\Totem & Taboo - scènes 1 à 121.mov
                          - Video:
                          - Audio:
                          - Bitrate:
                          - Encoding Time: 08:47:17
                          04/06/2009 18:15:07 : Encoding Failed
                          -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Could not read from the source. Please check if it has moved or been deleted.

- Source File: C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\Totem & Taboo - OMF export FINAL_1.prproj
                          - Output File: C:\T&T - OMF (final)\Totem & Taboo - scènes 1 à 121.mov
                          - Video:
                          - Audio:
                          - Bitrate:
                          - Encoding Time: 09:13:10
                          04/06/2009 18:40:59 : Encoding Failed
                          Could not read from the source. Please check if it has moved or been deleted.

The "Stock Video Footage Front Royal, VA - Shenandoah PArk - Deer Moving - DV.avi" that AME actually refers to is not even on the timeline I'm trying to export...

I also tried to open solely AME and import Premiere Pro sequence, but I get a dynamic link error.

• 10. Re: I cant export my edited video :(
                            cem yazan Level 1

Hi all,

Thank you all for replying to me.Kevin I tryed what you said but it still doesnt work   but i havent tryed the function Project/Remove what do you mean by that?

Thank you

Cem

• 12. Re: I cant export my edited video :(
                              Kevin Pavlovic Level 1

Hi Cem... sorry for my delay in replying, hopefully you've got this all sorted out by now. 

For the "Remove Unused" function I mentioned, it is available under the main menu (File, Edit, Project, Clip...)  under Project.  The option is there for "Remove Unused" which will basically delete any stray files you have imported into your project contents but are not being used in any of the timelines you've created.  This is a great step to do before any export to Media Encoder as it slims down the product for export and eliminates the need for Media Encoder to load-up/verify the files you're not using anyway.  Note: you don't have to save your project after this step if you still want those files in your bins for further editing.  Occasionally this will remove some troublesome clips from loading into Media Encoder

This step has also eliminated files that were being troublesome in Media Encoder for me in the past.

Kevin.