• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CSS query - Can't seem to get glossary words to format properly.

Jun 04, 2009 Jun 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just kicking off my first WebHelp project in RoboHelp 8. I'm putting together some corporate skins and style sheets and everything is fine apart from my glossary words. They use a hyperlink style not the glossary term style I have set up, even when I change the style to glossary it seems to just use hyperlink style.

Driving me nuts - Any help out there appreciated.

Regards

Nick.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 12, 2009 Sep 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The glossary terms are hyperlinks. In your output, these styles are controlled in whgbody.htm and in whthost.htm. You can modify them by changing:

setFont("Normal", "Microsoft Sans Serif","8pt","Black","Normal","Normal","none");
setFont("Hover", "Microsoft Sans Serif","8pt","Navy","Normal","Normal","underline");

Also, you can set it in CSS, but you'll have to use the !important statement to overwrite the inline styling set up with the scripts.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi William,

I was searching through the support forum to see if my issue was addressed and saw your post here. I am using FM2020 and RH2019. I generate my Help output through the Indigo skin in HTML5. All my glossary terms are blue and underlined, just like my xref and hyperlinks, not good. I am hoping you can tell me the css code that will let me specify color and other properties for the glossary terms.to customize. I looked for whgbody.htm and whthost.htm but those files are not included in my html5 output. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

-Bill (we Williams gotta support each other :).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Willam has left the building (i.e. the RH Forums). See this thread - https://community.adobe.com/t5/robohelp-discussions/how-to-format-pop-out-glossary-definitions/td-p/... - maybe that would give you some ideas to tackle it through the CSS in use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, thanx for picking this up. The post you provided a link for explains a possible solution that did not work for me. I tried formatting the glossary terms in the source FM doc via the character format tool but the output remains the same after i generate the Help. Is there either a .js file or .css file i can add code to that will enable me to control the output format of the glossary terms? (oh, and would you happen to know what that code is?)

Cheers,

William

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You would have to change the mapping in the FM to RH integration to change how it's going to look in the output. Or look at the resulting HTML and see what CSS is being applied, then edit the CSS sheet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp