8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2009 4:46 PM by Steve Grisetti

Need help Burning a DVD! please help

Kleo19

all im trying to do is burn a simple dvd (20mins) .

everytime i use the premiere elements program it states " not responding"

or at the end of the burn it opens and says "ERROR".

i made a intant movie and cant burn it.

help! what can i do?

• 1. Re: Need help Burning a DVD! please help
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Try using the troubleshooting steps listed in the FAQs to the right of this forum.

If you'll tell us in as much detail as possible your results for each step, we'll be better able to offer solutions for you.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/415318?tstart=0

• 2. Re: Need help Burning a DVD! please help
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Are you able to create a folder with the DVD content on your hard drive?

If yes, do that and use the FREE http://www.imgburn.com/ to create the DVD

• 3. Re: Need help Burning a DVD! please help
              Allen Joy Level 1

Are you able to burn any project via DVD Burn ?

• 4. Re: Need help Burning a DVD! please help
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Since your getting what appears to be a program "hang," you might find something in this ARTICLE that will help you diagnose the problem.

Though this FAQ is aimed at Adobe Encore, most of it also applies to any Adobe program that can burn a DVD.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Need help Burning a DVD! please help
                  rgindiana Level 1

Same problem here I spent at least two hours today waiting for 20-30-40 minutes at a time to that horrible music waiting for a support human.

I am waiting right now and have been for at least 30 minutes.

I was promised by a support person today that she would provide me a download of a replacement for my flawed version of Adobe Premier Elements 4 and I even volunteered to pay for an upgrade.

When I opened the email that I was sent and went through the links all that I got was links to an incredible set of instructions which included reformatting my hard drive and reloading ONLY premier elements. are you kidding?  contact me customer rgeesa@aol.com

If this software will not run it is not unreasonable to ask for a refund.

WHATS going on.

respond

you know where i am and how to reach me.

• 6. Re: Need help Burning a DVD! please help
                    rgindiana Level 1

This is a con job. these folks do not have solutions, they have a faulty piece of software and they offer unreasonable solutions that no one can follow. I bought this software in good faith and registered it like a good boy. It DOES NOT work. and their solutions are time consuming and impossible.

I have asked for a refund or the opportunity to purchase and upgrade and I get NOTHING but more techno puke

How about some straight answers form these guys

• 7. Re: Need help Burning a DVD! please help
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, we are all just users of Adobe products here, and there is zero Adobe presence, beyond that red A in the upper left. They furnish us with the forum software (will not get on my soapbox on that one), and the servers that it resides on. No one here can help you, and no one from Adobe will read your post. As for Adobe TS, or a refund, no one can help you.

Now, I would suggest that you take a deep breath, and probably hang up the phone to Adobe TS, unless you really like that music.

Start a new Thread on this forum. This ARTICLE will help you get started. The main reason to start a new Thread is so that your issues do not get confused with those of another user, and it makes it much simpler for us to follow along with YOUR problem and not someone else's. You'll get 100%, undivided attention.

There are likely solutions to your problems. Very few have gone without an answer, or two, or three. This forum of simple users is batting better than anyone in the history of MLB. The biggest handicap that we have is maybe being across the globe from you, and because of that, cannot look over your shoulder. The more details that you furnish us with, the easier it will be to solve your issue(s). It will also speed things up greatly, as we do not have to ask a bunch of questions - we will already have the answers.

As stated elsewhere in the FAQ's, and other articles, most problems sort out this way, and in this order:

1.) System

2.) Project

3.) Assets (the stills, AV files, music and SFX)

Because of this, it is very important to give as much detail, as is possible regarding all of these.

Good luck, and look forward to seeing your post to the forum. While we cannot address issues with Adobe, we can most likely help you get PrE up and running fine, so you can get to editing.

Hunt

• 8. Re: Need help Burning a DVD! please help
                        Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

If you're having problems with the software, I suggest you contact Adobe, rg.

If you work with us, we can work you through almost any challenge you may be having. But, if you just want to rant and demand a refund, there's not much we can do for you. You'll need to contact Adobe for that.