Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 4 and Windows 7

Jun 05, 2009 Jun 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking to possibly move to Windows 7 to do some 'testing'  - any one done this yet?  Any issues with Captivate 4 that you have run across?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jun 17, 2009 Jun 17, 2009

Captivate 4 works on Windows 7 . BTW , I see Win 7 as a flavor of vista with some security levels customizable. i guess you can go ahead and install it. if you face issues please post here or get in touch with captivate team through wish-list.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Are you talking about how Captivate itself behaves? Or how the output from Captivate behaves?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either..... right now - more how Captivate itself behaves.  How the output peforms shouldn't be as big of an issue since it's more dependent on the flash player version, I would think....  Maybe I'm wrong??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 17, 2009 Jun 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate 4 works on Windows 7 . BTW , I see Win 7 as a flavor of vista with some security levels customizable. i guess you can go ahead and install it. if you face issues please post here or get in touch with captivate team through wish-list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As doctor Nihar said, Captivate 4 works on Windows 7. I would encourage you to try it out on windows 7.

Incase you find some something not working you could report it to us.

Manish

http://blogs.adobe.com/captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Windows 7 comes in both 32 and 64 bit versions, does Captivate 4 work in both?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, it is expected to work on 32 bit. Since Captivate is not certified for 64 bit so you might get some unexpected results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2009 Oct 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found that when trying to do screen captures in Windows 7, Captivate CRASHES!!!!!

This is really becoming a problem since I have a class do by the end of the week and now cannot use Captivate!  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark

No chance of downgrading to Vista or XP I suppose?

What kind of a class are you doing?

Have you reported your issue to Adobe using the Bug Report?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm running CP4 on Windows 7,  build 7100, 32-bit since June without any problems. I hope you did not forget to install the update (end of May 09)? If you are using 64-bit version, this could perhaps help.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well couple of people have reported issues with Win 7 . In our internal testing we are yet to reproduce the problem reported. We are using the early RTM bits. Looks like there are other folks in this same thread for who Captivate 4 on Windows 7 works w/o issues. Win 7 build used is more of a suspect here than Captivate . See if you can get hold of the build # used by folks who are successful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will have to check into that. I am using their latest version from the MSDN site. So my guess is it's the retail version I'm using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please send us the build details / reference , we shall try to reproduce the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2010 Feb 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I cannot end a simulation that I am recording...meaning, I cannot get that Save window described by the above user. And

I just upgraded to a new machine here at work, running Windows 7 64-bit...

I was hoping for a better answer than I am finding on this page!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I really wish I had some magick wand to wave. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a solution so far. I recently facilitated a class where one of the participants was using Windows 7 64 bit. And he had no issues whatsoever. Go figure.

Please do take a moment and report to Adobe as a bug so they can be more aware of the scope of affected users.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

'magic wand'! Are you plunging into Photoshop ??

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2010 Feb 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Maybe that is what we all are waiting for. When will

Abobe implement the magic wand in CP.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2010 Feb 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know, I went into the Preferences and changed my key for ending a simulation to F12 (and changed the other F12 to something else) and NOW I can get the save screen because it reads that I stopped the recording when I press F12. So I fixed this with a key change...I wonder if that would work for other folks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 04, 2010 Mar 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Just as a point of reference:

I am running Windws 7 64-bit and Captivate is working. I did read the entries here and some blog entries before starting so I knew there might be issues I would face.

I installed the trial version.

I set it to Run as Administrator, and in compatibility mode for Win XP sp3. (b/c Administrator mode is advised, and using compatibility mode just in case)

Ran it, and immeditately checked for updates.

Installed the latest patch (b/c this was advised when Vista users experienced some problems).

Ran it.

I was able to record new projects and audio, and read in Captivate 3 projects. Also exported to swf and avi. So far, all seems fine.

Jeanne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 04, 2010 Mar 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeanne

Thanks for the update! It's good to know that Captivate does work for some users with Windows 7.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2010 Mar 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I turn on: compatibility mode for Win XP sp3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2010 Mar 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

The link below should tell you how to do that.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2010 Mar 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you set Captivate to Run as Adminstrator once so you don't have to do it each

time you open it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Sure you can. Check the link below.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Can I ask another question?  I downloaded the file for Text to Speech.  After it downloaded I clicked on the exe and that seemed to run, but I don't see the files anywhere.  Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Joyce Taibleson

Kraft Foods Inc.

Workplace Services-UES&P

You Work Hard...We'll Make It Easier!

Have you visited the:

Microsoft Training Center

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources