1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 9, 2009 11:20 AM by SpencerBentley

Robohelp HTML X5.0.2 Search tool doesn't consider all chm files in project

SpencerBentley

Hello,

My company has been using RoboHelp for the product's online help for several years now.  We are currently having issues with the search tool only considering the master project, rather than considering all merged projects, i.e. multiple chm files.  This has only recently become an issue.  For previous releases of our product it has searched all merged projects.  Has anyone dealt with this issue before?  Does anyone know what to do?

Thanks,

Spencer

• 1. Re: Robohelp HTML X5.0.2 Search tool doesn't consider all chm files in project
          SpencerBentley Level 1

Hi,

I fixed the problem by deleting the links to all merged CHM files from the master project's TOC.  Then deleting the CHM file for each of those merged projects from the master project's folder.  Finally, I merged the projects back into the master project from the TOC of the master project (which is the typical procedure for X5.0.2; I'm not sure if this is the same for other versions), which copies the CHM files back into the master project's folder.  Now global searching works again.  I just wanted to share that with everyone, and I hope it works for others who may be dealing with this issue.

Spencer