8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 8, 2009 11:51 AM by C. Agruss (Adobe)

My 30 days are up? But it just came out...

factotvm Level 1

I am no longer presented with the option to continue the trial. Instead, the only option it so use a Serial Number. My FB3 license does not work.

I am suspicous that the issue is caused by the fact that I moved my hard drive into another machine.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Gumbo. No luck.

Any help greatly appreciated, as one day was not really enough time to work with the beta.

• 1. Re: My 30 days are up? But it just came out...
          C. Agruss (Adobe) Level 3

Hi,

This probably happened as a result of moving your hard drive. As an FB3 user, you should be entitled to a Beta SN though, so if you haven't received one yet, it should be arriving soon.

-Chris

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: My 30 days are up? But it just came out...
            factotvm Level 1

Is there a way to expedite that and get it now?

• 3. Re: My 30 days are up? But it just came out...
              Oorburg Level 1

Hi,

I have encountered the exact same problem.. I have not moved my harddisk or anything like that, both flash builder and flash catalyst are telling me I have to use a serial number and I cannot use the software anymore.

I have tried using the License Recovery Tool from Adobe, but that doesn't work. The only solution I can think of is just having a valid serial number.. but I would rather not have to wait until the end of the month for that.

Too bad licensing issues are preventing people from testing and using these great tools.

Anyone else having the same problems?

• 4. Re: My 30 days are up? But it just came out...
                test2345345345 Level 1

I have 26 days left, all works.. but I am scared to restart my computer, or even to close FB, I remember I had problems on flex3 beta, when I changed my computer date/time. So message to everyone - if it works, don't close it, and don't turn-off your computer )

• 5. Re: My 30 days are up? But it just came out...

FB4 uses a different trial mechanism than what we've used in the past - apologies to anyone having trouble with it.

Although it has some remaining flaws, it's also received an enormous amount of internal testing, and works reliably the vast majority of the time. If you have a working trial period, you shouldn't need to worry about quitting FB, or restarting your machine.

The main thing to avoid is winding your system clock forward or backward - e.g. winding forward accidentally past the 30-day expiry period will cause the trial to end, and winding backward after that probably won't help. Similarly, winding the clock backward can invalidate your trial.

If you leave your clock/calendar settings at the defaults, so your system sets the clock automatically from the net, you should be safe for the full 30-day period.

After the trial period thinks it has expired, it's true that the License Repair Tool won't help with that. Short of entering a SN, here are a few alternatives you could use:

- install the trial on a second machine, if you have one available

- install the trial to a Virtual Machine image, if you have one available

- install the trial to an alternate boot drive on OS X.

-Chris

• 6. Re: My 30 days are up? But it just came out...
                    test2345345345 Level 1

My battery is out of power... if I will restart computer... clock will reset..

I am sure your system has some db with keys, which are controlled online, why not to share some beta key, and than lock it, when FB4 will be in the next stage? That link which was posted for converting FB3 key to FB4 is not working, it tells "site is under construction".

Anyway - thanks a lot for FB4, this technology is future, and together with other great Adobe technologies, RIA will move to the next level.

• 7. Re: My 30 days are up? But it just came out...
                      Oorburg Level 1

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your reply. I was afraid this was going to be the answer. But I'm still not clear on what caused these problems...

I'm sure I didn't mess with the system clock (don't you think it is a bit harsh to punish people who might do so by accident?). But while I was trying out Flash Catalyst, I suddenly was not able to restart the program without entering a serial key.

I hadn't been starting Flash Builder for a while, but when I tried it (after Catalyst had stopped working) it told my I only had 1 session left in my trail. So it seems that apart from the 30 days, there's also a limited amount of times these trail versions can be restarted?

I still don't know what caused this behaviour, the only thing I can think of is that there are a lot of other Adobe programs installed on my laptop and I try out a lot of the Adobe Labs trail-versions.

I'm sure this new trail system got a lot of internal testing, I'm just still bummed I can no longer test the greatest beta releases of the year. I'd rather be posting feedback on the actual programs on these forums...

Greetings,

Rogier Oorburg

• 8. Re: My 30 days are up? But it just came out...

Hi All,

I've received the nod to send out a beta SN for some situations such as this. If you send me a private message on the forums here, including your FB3 SN and your registered user name, I'll return your message with a beta SN you can use.

-Chris