• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Links to External Files

Jun 05, 2009 Jun 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp X5, WebHelp

I have four hyperlinks (let's say, A, B, C, D) within my project to access external Excel spreadhsheets.  A copy of the files is located in the project folder(the one on my desktop). When the project is published to the server, only two (A&B) of the four links work.  To address the issue, I have to manually copy the Excel files to the server for the other links (C&D) to work.

I want to determine why RoboHelp copies some, and not all, of the Excel spreadsheets to the server.  The settings for each of the hyperlinks appear to be identical, the only difference is that they're pointing to different files.  Links A&B consistently work when the project is published; links C&D do not.  What could be causing this issue?

Thank you,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Jun 05, 2009 Jun 05, 2009

Let's see here...

You are using X5... So you might be encountering the"Baggage Bug". Seems you have to manually edit one of the RoboHelp HTML project files for getting past that. I believe our wonderful Mr. Peter Grainge has something on his site about it. Lemme go see...

Ahhh yes, here it is.

Click here to read about it

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

You probably just need to add files C and D to the list of Baggage files in your project. That's what Baggage is for. Ensuring content you need in your project gets copied to the server.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

I tried to add those files, but no luck.  The RoboHelp instructions about adding baggage files states I should be able to click "yes" to add the files, but I'm not getting that prompt (nor an error message).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Let's see here...

You are using X5... So you might be encountering the"Baggage Bug". Seems you have to manually edit one of the RoboHelp HTML project files for getting past that. I believe our wonderful Mr. Peter Grainge has something on his site about it. Lemme go see...

Ahhh yes, here it is.

Click here to read about it

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp