4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2008 6:23 AM by Newsgroup_User

Create a button with info from SQL query??

Level 7

I have a JPG image that I'm using right now to display the option for users
      to register for events. I'd like to switch that to a flash button, and still
      have the info from the query be linked to that flash button.

Where can I find details on how to do this????? Is it easy? Difficult?

Is there a step by step guide???

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Create a button with info from SQL query??
          ntsiii Level 3
          Eh? I have no clue what you are trying to do. You register for events using addEventListener(). Or are you mixing in some business stuff here? Can you re-phrase?
          Tracy
          • 2. Re: Create a button with info from SQL query??
            Level 7
            Hello ntsiii,

Ok, rephrase..... lets see....

I have a SQL query that returns the results I want. Right now I am just
            using a static image with a <a href> tag to provide a link to the page I
            want, along with the arguments I want to go with it. I'd like to see if
            I can do this with Flex, have a Flash/Flex button that gets the url and arguments.

There may be more than 1 button per page, so each has to be unique.

Hope this makes it a little more clear.

Thanks!

> Eh? I have no clue what you are trying to do. You register for events
            > using addEventListener(). Or are you mixing in some business stuff
            > here? Can you re-phrase?
            >
            > Tracy
            >

• 3. Re: Create a button with info from SQL query??
              Level 7

"steve grosz" <boise_bound@hotmail.com> wrote in message
              news:422c3892d11f8caf017d25dabdf@forums.adobe.com...
              > Hello ntsiii,
              >
              > Ok, rephrase..... lets see....
              >
              > I have a SQL query that returns the results I want. Right now I am just
              > using a static image with a <a href> tag to provide a link to the page I
              > want, along with the arguments I want to go with it. I'd like to see if I
              > can do this with Flex, have a Flash/Flex button that gets the url and
              > arguments.
              >
              > There may be more than 1 button per page, so each has to be unique.
              >
              > Hope this makes it a little more clear.

Not really, but you could try using a Repeater. Please check the FAQ first.

http://www.magnoliamultimedia.com/flex_examples/Amys_Flex_FAQ.pdf

I think the last Q is the one you need to look at.

HTH;

Amy

• 4. Re: Create a button with info from SQL query??
                Level 7
                Hello Amy,

What I'm trying to do is this: if you look at www.salleboise.com/club_tournaments.cfm
                you'll see a list of events. There is a register 'button'. I'd like to
                have a flash/flex button that pulls in the same info that is displayed when
                you hover over the existing buttons on that page, so the link doesn't show
                but still performs the same action, and I can make look a little nicer.....

Steve

> "steve grosz" <boise_bound@hotmail.com> wrote in message
                > news:422c3892d11f8caf017d25dabdf@forums.adobe.com...
                >
                >> Hello ntsiii,
                >>
                >> Ok, rephrase..... lets see....
                >>
                >> I have a SQL query that returns the results I want. Right now I am
                >> just using a static image with a <a href> tag to provide a link to
                >> the page I want, along with the arguments I want to go with it. I'd
                >> like to see if I can do this with Flex, have a Flash/Flex button that
                >> gets the url and arguments.
                >>
                >> There may be more than 1 button per page, so each has to be unique.
                >>
                >> Hope this makes it a little more clear.
                >>
                > Not really, but you could try using a Repeater. Please check the FAQ
                > first.
                >
                > http://www.magnoliamultimedia.com/flex_examples/Amys_Flex_FAQ.pdf
                >
                > I think the last Q is the one you need to look at.
                >
                > HTH;
                >
                > Amy
                >