1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 6, 2009 7:33 PM by elaine montoya

Added Some HTML <h1> and <h2> Tags, Page Displays Lower

mlrenko

I had created a website about a week that was written 100 percent in Flash CS4.  Today I was taking a tutorial on Lynda.com that had to do with SEO in Flash CS4.  I added some h1 and h2 tags just as the below code shows:

<style type="text/css">
      <!--
      body {
      text-align: center;
      }
      -->
      </style>
      </head>
      <body bgcolor="#000000">
      <h1>RENCON Intellectual Property</h1>
      <p>RENCON Intellectual Property introduces the Relational Squaring System for construction and layout personnel.</p>
      <h2>Relational Squaring System</h2>
      <p>The Relational Squaring System is the newest and easiest way for construction layout personnel to create 90-degree angles.</p>
      <h2>Contact RENCON Intellectual Property</h2>
      <p>You can contact RENCON Intellectual Property at info@rencononline.com.</p>
      <!--url's used in the movie-->
      <!--text used in the movie-->
      <!--

For some reason when I preview it in a browser the site much lower on the browser page.  I put the code back the way it was and now everything looks right again.  What am I doing wrong?  Thanks!

• 1. Re: Added Some HTML <h1> and <h2> Tags, Page Displays Lower
          elaine montoya Level 3

I'm not sure if I understand correctly, but if you added header tags <h1> and <h2> to your webpage with content in them, those will now display in your browser (unless you make them a color that is not viewable in the background - which actually used to be a big SEO no-no... don't know if it still is).

So naturally, all of the text you have added above your Flash file will now be display, moving your Flash file lower in the browser window.

Also, default header styles have a lot of space around them. To lessen the space, you could do add something like this to your style sheet:

style type="text/css">
          <!--
          body {
          text-align: center;
          }

h1 {

font-size: 14px;

line-height: 14px;

padding:0;

margin:0;

}

h2 {

font-size: 14px;

line-height: 14px;

padding:0;

margin:0;

}

-->
          </style>

This will change the font size and the spacing around your header tags.

If this is not what you were referring to, leave a link to your site so I can see what you are talking about.

good luck!

e