3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 8, 2009 10:33 PM by Mylenium

Back End processing of XFL files

vaidyanet

I came to know from adobe documentation and some of the discussion forums that, we can export the Indesign files to XFL format, so that we can open these files in Flash application and add videos or animations to it and save the final document as SWF. Do we have any backend SDK or server like Indesign server which can process the XFL files and add flash videos/animations to it and generate the final SWF file?.

I cam to know that Indesign can add the video but the target format has to be PDF. If we want to have the target format as SWF, we cannot have the interactive media like flash movies/animation.

Please let me know how I can achive the same.

Thanks in advance.

-Sandeep

• 1. Re: Back End processing of XFL files
          Adolfo Rozenfeld Adobe Employee

Sandeep:

I suggest you post this question in the Flash forums.

After Effects exports to the XFL format in a specific way, so that an After Effects composition is translated into a Flash authoring project, with many animation properties preserved. But that's the scope of XFL in After Effects for now.

• 2. Re: Back End processing of XFL files
            Todd_Kopriva Level 8

I've manually unzipped an XFL file (they're really ZIP files) and replaced a couple of assets in the package and in the XML file, just to see if I could. It worked. It seems that you could write a script to do the same thing automatically.

• 3. Re: Back End processing of XFL files
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

As suggested, you will get better answers on the Flash forums. XFL is just a compressed XML derivative and it should be perfectly possible to mangle it in a million ways using scripting. Personally I probably wouldn't bother with editing the file itself, but rather implement some functions/ a class in Flash itself to replace the content in there, but I guess it realyl depends on what you're after....

Mylenium