5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2008 9:19 AM by ravi_bharathii

DataGrid Horizontal Scroll Problem when datagrid contains Item renderer

ravi_bharathii
      I have datagrid with horizontal scroll policy enabled. Grid contains some item renderer also.One of the item renderer is datefield when i select a date from the datefield and say the adjacent cell of the grid also contain datefield itemrenderer
      and i am selecting date from that itemrenderer also.When i scroll horizontally the date in the itemrender changes to any one of the two itemrenderer.Some time it works fine.I am getting the issue for combobox itemrender also.Can any one help me to solve this issue.
        • 1. Re: DataGrid Horizontal Scroll Problem when datagrid contains Item renderer
          Ventis85 Level 1
          Strange, you'll have to post some code for this one. HorizontalScrollPloicy doesn't affect the data inside your itemrenderers so their must be something else that is wrong.
          • 3. Re: DataGrid Horizontal Scroll Problem when datagrid contains Item renderer
            happybrowndog Level 1
            quote:

Originally posted by: ravi_bharathii
            I have datagrid with horizontal scroll policy enabled. Grid contains some item renderer also.One of the item renderer is datefield when i select a date from the datefield and say the adjacent cell of the grid also contain datefield itemrenderer
            and i am selecting date from that itemrenderer also.When i scroll horizontally the date in the itemrender changes to any one of the two itemrenderer.Some time it works fine.I am getting the issue for combobox itemrender also.Can any one help me to solve this issue.

Ravi, I am having a similar problem. I subclass a TextInput as an itemrenderer for a column in a datagrid. My subclassed TextInput checks to see the value in the overriden set() method, and depending on the value, sets the background color of the TextInput to green. When the datagrid scrolls horizontally, some unrelated cell colors also change green and some of the data gets duplicated in the cells. The underlying data provider's data is not confused however. Seems the rendering is screwed up when the Datagrid scrolls.

Did you find a solution to this problem? I think Datagrid is a piece of screwed up code.
            • 4. Re: DataGrid Horizontal Scroll Problem when datagrid contains Item renderer
              Level 7

"happybrowndog" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:ge11ag$jdo$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              >
              quote:

Originally posted by: ravi_bharathii
              > I have datagrid with horizontal scroll policy enabled. Grid contains some
              > item
              > renderer also.One of the item renderer is datefield when i select a date
              > from
              > the datefield and say the adjacent cell of the grid also contain datefield
              > itemrenderer
              > and i am selecting date from that itemrenderer also.When i scroll
              > horizontally
              > the date in the itemrender changes to any one of the two itemrenderer.Some
              > time
              > it works fine.I am getting the issue for combobox itemrender also.Can any
              > one
              > help me to solve this issue.

>
              > Ravi, I am having a similar problem. I subclass a TextInput as an
              > itemrenderer for a column in a datagrid. My subclassed TextInput checks
              > to see
              > the value in the overriden set() method, and depending on the value, sets
              > the
              > background color of the TextInput to green. When the datagrid scrolls
              > horizontally, some unrelated cell colors also change green and some of the
              > data
              > gets duplicated in the cells. The underlying data provider's data is not
              > confused however. Seems the rendering is screwed up when the Datagrid
              > scrolls.
              >
              > Did you find a solution to this problem? I think Datagrid is a piece of
              > screwed up code.

http://www.magnoliamultimedia.com/flex_examples/Amys_Flex_FAQ.pdf
              Q2

• 5. Re: DataGrid Horizontal Scroll Problem when datagrid contains Item renderer
                ravi_bharathii Level 1
                I solved it. The solution is by checking all the condition within the set data method.Check whether you are changing the color within the set data method.If the value your getting is null and if you not check that one this will also create the problem.If need any help mail me i will help you.