1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 8, 2009 9:27 AM by Colin Brougham

ND gradient filter in Premiere pro CS 4 ?

Ljupco Smokovski

Is there a way to create an ND gradient filter in this software similar to photoshop's gradient filter ?

Also, how can i make my video less sharp ? I shot the video using the maximum sharpness in-camera and now would like to dial it back.

Any tutorials or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Regards from Macedonia, Ljupco

• 1. Re: ND gradient filter in Premiere pro CS 4 ?
          Colin Brougham Level 6

Try dropping a Ramp effect on your clip, followed immediately by a Calculations effect. Swivel down Second Source in Calculations, and set Second Layer to Video 1 (or whatever layer your clip is on), bring the Second Layer Opacity up to 100%, and then play with the blending modes in the Calculations effect to achieve a look you like: I found Darken, Multiply and Hard Light to be most effective. You can adjust the Ramp effect's color and start/end points--the default black-to-white gradient is going to be most like an ND grad, but you can change the black color to something else in order to get a colored grad (ie. tobacco). When you tweak it to a look you like, select both effects and save as a preset to easily reapply the look.