1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 15, 2008 6:43 AM by kglad

XML Slideshow Help!

Narroway Graphics
      Well, I'm new to action scripting and have a simple question, I'm looking to make an image scroller with "Pause" "Forward" and "Previous" buttons, I also want this animation to loop. Would anyone be able to point me into the direction for designing an image scroller similar to this one BSU.edu?

I'm working on a project for my company, using Flash 8 Professional and they wanted something similar to this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
        • 1. Re: XML Slideshow Help!
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          that's not really a scroller. the only thing that happens when you click forward or back arrows is the next or previous image pair fade-in.

create an array of your image pairs and two target movieclips. initialize an array index (assign it zero) and if the next button is pressed, increment the index, check if it exceeds the array length (and, if so, re-assign to zero) and load the corresponding pair of images listed in your array. when they both complete loading, fade them in. similarly with the back button.