0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 9, 2009 3:24 AM by k c cooke

Contribute templates

k c cooke

Hi everyone,

Totally new, so hello to everyone. I hope at some point to share ideas and tips but right now I'm in desperate need of help.

I've started a new job, managing *lots* of different sites, all on different platforms and software for updating. There have been a number of technical issues with all of them ,leaving me feeling a bit inept - hence the desperation!

We have one site where I update the press releases. The site was built in DW, but I have to use Contribute due to technical problems with my work laptop and DW. I am positive i selected the right template - you're basically just supposed to selecte New page / the correct template / cut and paste the content and sort all the links etc, then publish. The go back to the index and link to it from there.

Only my press release looks nothing like the others. There's no headers/ banners/ vertical nav or left-hand nav. I'm tearing my hair out because I'm under pressure to get it posted, but I just can't figure it out. Our site support are in NYC (I'm in London) so I have 3 or 4 more hours before they can help.

Am I just being really, really stupid and not doing something ultra simple - or is it that once linked to, the new press release page will have headers, vertical nav, left nav etc.

Thanks in advance for any advice, responses etc!

K