2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 9, 2009 8:43 AM by Jim_Simon

Premiere Pro and Magic Bullet Frames Help

DTalley7

I shot a wedding a few weeks ago using the Canon XHA1 and down converted in the camera into Adobe Premiere Pro CS3.   I placed all of the edited clips on a 29.97 time line.  Here is the question… There are some portions of the video that I want to apply Magic Bullet Frames to give it more of a cinematic look.  From what I have read, it is best to place footage on a 23.976 timeline and then apply magic bullet frames (according to the magic bullet tutorial).  How can I do this since I have placed all clips on a 29.97 time line.  Should export the footage out to After Effects, apply the Frames effect on a 23.976 timeline and then re-import back into Premiere Pro (29.97)?  Or is there a better way?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Premiere Pro and Magic Bullet Frames Help
          Eddie Lotter Level 4

Welcome to the forums.

As you have discovered, you cannot change the settings of an existing project in CS3 and earlier.

The only way to accomplish this is to create a new project with the desired settings and import the old project into the new one.

You will also find links to many free tutorials in the PremiereProPedia that will quickly show you how things are done in Premiere Pro.

Cheers
          Eddie

• 2. Re: Premiere Pro and Magic Bullet Frames Help
            Jim_Simon Level 8

From what I have read, it is best to place footage on a 23.976 timeline and then apply magic bullet frames (according to the magic bullet tutorial).

Two things.  First, I'd like to see that tutorial.  To the best of my knowledge, Frames does not create actual 24p files, it adds back the proper pulldown so you still need to work in a standard 29.97 preset.

Second, dv2Film was created because products like Frames just weren't good enough.  Give it a try at the link below.  It's free, and creates the best looking film conversions yet.

http://www.dv2film.com/