I'm unclear what the issue is.
Can you post some code, screenshots, or a simple sample demonstrating the problem.
Sure!! Sorry I should have done that earlier... Here is a screenshot..
In the Affiliation area, the Organization actually shows no text while the Name textinpu control shows "New".
In reality, "New" is what the first item of Organization combobox control's dataprovider.
This is what is hapening to all the versions that I try running. They previous version that is online runs just fine but if i open that version in my Flex builder and try to run it, I get the same problem.
Thanks a ton.
screenshot.jpg 251.5 K
1 person found this helpful
That does seem odd. My first impulse is to say that this is a code error of sorts; binding the dataProvider to the wrong data input.
Two input controls binding to the same dataProvider have caused me issues in the past. Two input controls with the same id / name [in different components, otherwise you wouldn't be able to compile] may cause confusion in some circumstances.
Without code, I can only guess.
Thanks for taking a look.
I thought so too and went on a search hunt to see where the code could go wrong. But then i tried the previous versions that were working great and I had put away until today, and they are now giving me the same problem.
It seems odd that without changing any piece of code in the previous versions, they too have started misbehaving now. It leads me to think that maybe the code might not be the issue and something else might be the problem.
I dont know what and more importantly i dont know how to go about solving this.
Thanks for your help so far and I look forward to hearing more from you.
Ps: Working to get the code such that it can be decipherable. Will post it as soon as I do that. Until then please let me know if something strikes you.
Thanks so much for your help.
I figured out the issue and it was something to do with the code.I do not know how it affected all other codes though but here is the stupid mistake i made:
I forgot to set a variable as [Bindable] but used it in a binding expression.
Once i corrected that, everything ran just fine.
Thanks for all your help.
I was at a bit of a loss at this point, so i'm glad to hear you were able to diagnose it in the code.