1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 9, 2009 1:15 PM by Mylenium

How do I set the program window size to avoid Windows Menu Bar?

McFrisco Level 1

This is more of an annoyance than anything, but I thought I'd ask...

I'm in Windows XP Pro, 2 monitor setup, using an nVidia Quadro FX 1400.

When I have my program window set to "Maximize", the bottom and the top of the window go offscreen, and I can't reach them with the mouse or move the window so as to resize them.  When I have the program window set to "Restore Down" then it takes up the full monitor, but the menu bar pops up over the bottom whenever I roll down there with the mouse.  (Yeah, I know I can put the menu bar behind, but its handy to have up.

Does anybody know how to tell AE to maximize the window to something smaller than the screen size, so it can then be adjusted?

• 1. Re: How do I set the program window size to avoid Windows Menu Bar?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

These are system functions that cannot really be influenced from within the program. However, if the fullscreen mode cuts of regions, something is not right. Anyway, the best i can think of is to use the nVidia custom buttons/ window configuration. They allow you to set a custom fixed window size or use a custom monitor spanning, which can contain overlap and crop areas. This may solve the current problem. It may, however, cause problems with otehr apps, so you may wish to make these modifications application specific to only switch to that mode when AfterFX.exe is launched....

Mylenium