Expand my Community achievements bar.

State Tax calculation on form

Level 1

I cannot get the State Tax to work in the LiveCycle invoice form.  Can anyone advice, please?

4 Replies

Former Community Member

Which invoice form ...can you be more specific?

Paul

Level 1

I am using the Acrobat 9 Pro. I go to > Forms > Start Form Wizard > No Existing Form > Based on a Template and

select the only Invoice available. That is what I am working with.

If there is an easier one to work with, I would be only too happy - perhaps a download choice.

Thanks, Patrick

Former Community Member

That is just a template to get you started.That does not have a Tax area ...you must have added it yourself. You then must add code to do the tax calculation. There are complete working examples that ship with the product. Look in the install directory in this location:

EN\Samples\Forms

There are different types of forms but the closest to what you are doing is the Interactive Purchase Order. There are tax calculations in there that you shoudl be able to follow.

Paul

Level 1

I have gone beyond the template. I am not looking for the tax calculation from the template.

I am in LiveCycle Designer. I have tried > Help > Adobe LiveCycle Designer Help > Search "state tax"

List Topic. I did my best to follow the instructions to insert State Tax % field & State Tax field,

but in the end I just cannot get it done.

Alternatively, where do I find the Install Directory to locate EN\Samples\Forms?

Patrick