I have another question, I hope this makes sense.
I am making two line charts - one line in each chart. I plan to have in one fex file (is this then called a dashboard?). These charts will be side by side and both share the same XML file.
1. When the cursor is in the chart area, can the cursor be forced to follow the line on the chart and show the different tooltips as the cursor moves along the line/data points?
2. Can the cursor - which is an arrow, be made into cross hairs in the chart area?
3. If the cursor is forced on the line of one chart, can the curson position (as cross hairs) be shown on the second chart as both charts use the same XML file. And vice versa.
1. Cursor is moved by user - only by user in any direction, so you can't do anything with this. But you can create a vertical line and show any data in crossing. Like there http://extra.amcharts.com/editor/line/
2. Yes, it's possible. http://extra.amcharts.com/editor/line/
3. Yes, it's possible to bind such lines between several charts.
Hope it's helpful.
If you really want to learn about dashboards in Flex, go to the Adobe Flex dashboard example, right-click and View Source, download the zip, import to Flex, add the "libs" folder, and build it and examine the code. It's great!
If this post answers your question or helps, please mark it as such.