2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2009 2:39 PM by jds2009

Media encoder crashes

JBrown321 Level 1

I have been using Media Encoder to render out avi's, flv's and quicktimes of a few videos that will eventually be online.  The problem that I am having is that on some frequent occasions, not all the time but some times Media Encoder and or the system will crash when rendering.  I am just curious if anyone else has experienced this.  I can render from After Effects fine, but Media Encoder seems to cause crashes to my system.  I don't know if it is hardware related or if it is software related or both.  I have an Intel core i7 920, geforce 285, 6 gigs of ram, 2 WD Velociraptors set to raid 0, 1 WD caviar as OS drive, P6T Deluxe V2 motherboard, Vista Ultimate 64, service pack 2 and all updates for OS and software.  Anyone lese having issues with Media Encoder causing system to crash when rendering?  I will make a note that I am rendering to the WD raid 0 drive(s) and this is the same drive that my media is on.  Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Media encoder crashes
          BKuhl

I'm having the same problem with an i7 processor.  I've found that if the encoding is less than a minute it works, otherwise it crashes my entire system.  The system has Vista Home Premium, 9 gigs of ram and an ATI HD4670 graphics card.  I'm interested in anything you might hear on this topic.

• 2. Re: Media encoder crashes
            jds2009

A similar problem here, with crashes trying to export large files (AVCHD/MTS) from timeline to DVD (mpeg2) via AME. I mean, up to 10 minutes its ok but with large files the system freezes (even mouse and keyboard).

Specs:

MB Intel DX58SO with i7 920, 3 GB DDR3, 1 drive for windows, 4 drives in RAID0 and RAID5. Vista 64 ultimate.