3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2009 2:58 AM by chandra12345

drop down box truncating

gdmprog1

I have data for a drop down box that is up to 250 digits. This places the drop down box outside the range of the screen. When I limit the drop down box to 150 digits on the screen it truncates the data. Is there a way to wrap the information to the next line of the drop down box? Or like text boxes, allow the user to space over the line and see the 100 digits not being displayed?

Let me give you a sample of the list I'm trying to create. These are insurance classifications.

Air Conditioning Systems or Equipment - installation, servicing or repair - no sales or storage

Ambulance Service, First Aid or Rescue Squads - Municipal

Mail Order Houses Note: Determine Rate Group and Class Limit by type of merchandise

Warehouses - Public - Household goods storage but with no storage of fibers, oils, petroleum products, rags, fireworks, matches or explosives

I cannot truncate any of this information, but it is too large for the screen.

• 1. Re: drop down box truncating
          mack_ Level 3

Is there a way to wrap the information to the next line of the drop down box?

/quote

None that I know of.

Or like text boxes, allow the user to space over the line and see the

100 digits not being displayed?

/quote

None that I know for classic drop down boxes (simple

elements). You'll need to find/build a custom drop-down box.

Mack

• 2. Re: drop down box truncating
            GrumpyJoe

Does it need to be a dropdown?  There are several differnt types on interface types in html, maybe a straight text list with radio buttons would be better?  Checkboxes if you allow more than one to be selected.

Dropdown are not meant for that kind of content IMHO.

• 3. Re: drop down box truncating
              chandra12345 Level 1

Use wrap function for getting information in next line.

example:Wrap(Text, 100)

<select>
                <option title="1">#Wrap(Ambulance Service, First Aid or Rescue Squads -Municipal Mail Order Houses Note: Determine Rate Group and Class Limit by type of merchandise,100)#
              </option>
              </select>