Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Filled out form displays Blank

Level 1

Hi I've created a form using Adobe livecycle 8, i've published it allowing to have exteded feature and distributed the form. when I get the form back filled out, and open it in acrobat8 or reader9 the form appears blank.The person that sent it to me can see it filled out.

Can some one help me find out why this happens?

5 Replies

Level 1

Same thing is happening to one of the users I support. We use Acrobat Pro 9 (not extended). In trying to track this down I did discover that opening the document in Foxit Reader (a free alternative reader installed on my computer in addition to Acrobat) that all the form fields we're visible and if you click on each individual field of the document when open with Acrobat the filled information appears as well. I was hoping this was a view/preference setting I could change, but so far have been unsuccessful in locating it. I am interested in an answer as well.

Former Community Member

Can you post the form so we can see what the form is doing?

Paul

Level 1

Here is the form I referenced earlier. However on closer examination I'm not sure what was used to create it originally, I do know however that the filled in fields can not be viewed when opened up with Adobe Acrobat 9.

Other findings...

Going to print and choosing "Form Fields" instead of the default "Document and Markups" will make the hidden fields print. Still not all that useful, just more info for the bucket...

Thanks,

Alex

Level 1

Another note...

When data is exported using Manage Form Data - Export and the resulting .fdf file is opened with Acrobat all the fileds appear filled in as they should within Acrobat.

Also data is extracted properly when using the Manage Form Data - Merge Data files into Spreadsheet command is given.

Given all this it feels as though I'm overlooking something real simple and going too deep, too quick, to find the answer...certainly hope so

Thanks,

Alex

Former Community Member

I noticed that the version of PDF that is created is 1.3 (which is very old - trageted to Acrobat 4). This has nothing to do with Livecycle - I would post on the Acrobat forum as they are more in tune with what older versions supported etc. I did export the data and re-import and I was able to see the data so you know that it is there. My guess is that the application that is creating the PDF is not doing it right but I cannot point to a specific place and say this is wrong!....Hoping the Acrobat guys can.

Paul