3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2009 3:56 PM by ThornieG

How do I delete a low title that I place over video file?

bigsal51

I was using a Low title for my video and I placed over the top of the original clip and I dont know how to remove it. I wanted it to show the video behind it but i found out that you have to place it on top on another video file. SO Now I try to remove it and it will remove the clip too. What do I do.

• 1. Re: How do I delete a low title that I place over video file?
          Harm Millaard Level 7

Start with the manual, help file and some tutorials, get some proper education, then proceed to select the title clip in the project window and press DELETE.

• 2. Re: How do I delete a low title that I place over video file?
            the_wine_snob Level 9

I believe that the Title that you are referring to is a "Lower Third."

Now, I'm not sure that I am following exactly what you have. Please provide a screen-cap of your Timeline, showing the Video Tracks, and the Program Monitor. Note: when you do the screen-cap, place your CTI (Current Time Indicator) over the Clip in question. Hint: attach your JPG screen-cap via the little "camera" icon in the middle of the toolbar, above the forum editing screen.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: How do I delete a low title that I place over video file?
              ThornieG Level 1

I agree with Harm that you need to study the manual and get some tutorials. A great place for learning the ropes  is http://tv.adobe.com/

Back to your problem, I think I can guess how you got into a mess if you placed the title directly onto your clip. Normally you would just use the undo button, but it is probably too late for that.

Now that you know that you need to put the title on the video track above the clip, I think it is best if you simple start again by reinserting your video clip onto track one and then place your title onto track 2. This may mean redoing some of the work you have done, but most of us, unfortunately, learn through our mistakes. Or is that just me?