2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2009 12:30 AM by Mylenium

Help with importing files

moffatt123

Hi, ive just downloaded the after effects trial, but i have a big problem, every time i try to import one of my files the following message comes up

After Effects error: file "M2u00232.MPG" cannot be opened, it may be in an unsuported format (86::1)

any help would be deeply appreasiated, thanks.

• 1. Re: Help with importing files
          Adolfo Rozenfeld Adobe Employee

Hi.

Yes, there are a number of codecs in After Effects (and Adobe video applications in general) which are licensed from third parties.

Since the use of those codecs requires license fees which are collected when users buy the application or suite, they are not included in the trial version. These formats include all MPEG flavors, Flash video (because of the On2 VP6 and Sorenson Spark codecs), H264, etc.

This also applies to effects that are licensed from third party software companies (Keylight, Color Finesse, the Cycore effects, etc)

• 2. Re: Help with importing files
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

As explained, the trial is crippled in that regard. You will have to use other tools to convert your footage first. Either use the tools that come with your camera or look into programs like SUPER©, MPEGStreamclip, ffMPEG,TMPEGEnc and several others...

Mylenium