5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2009 9:20 AM by Foxchx

new project from source code

Foxchx Level 1

I am trying to install a new project from a source code i have my problem is that i want to change the names but i don't understand flex builder on that level.

I guess my workflow is wrong because usually i create multiple instances of a project so that when i mess it up, i can continue on another instance but because i don't understand the naming policy of Flexbuilder, i never manage to create another instance of the same project!?

• 1. Re: new project from source code
          Michael Borbor Level 4

You can use F2 to refactor your app, I really don't understand what you mean

by flex naming policy.

• 2. Re: new project from source code
            Benji2008

I guess you want the give the new project the same name ? but that is never possible

• 3. Re: new project from source code
              Foxchx Level 1

i just need a little reassuring on the way to understand that part (well flex as a lot of these little parts without explanation but that's one that really bug me)

When using flex builder i need to create a project....Oh!, no wait, I need to create a workspace! then a project then decide on many little settings...

THe SQL databse end up somewhere like [C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\crazyflexapp\Local Store]

My work space is say [P:\@AIRFLEX\_workspace\crazyflexapp\]

My AiR app install say [C:\ProgramFiles\AIR Examples\Exercise\crazyflexapp\]

It's all a bit confusing don't you think, especially if there's a program (FlexBuilder3) That don't allow duplicate of name?

And because i am starting i  am using existing source code, so i never know if i need to addapt and MXML code because it might refer to the wrong folder name or location?!

Is there a blog anywhere giving the answer to all that in a nice little comprensive explanation?\

thanks

• 4. Re: new project from source code
                Michael Borbor Level 4

Change the source path. In the Project properties.

• 5. Re: new project from source code
                  Foxchx Level 1

Well i was just pointing out the complexity of it all... here's a visual of what i don'tv really understand

namerelation.jpg

Now you seem to be saying that i just need to change the sourcepath and that would fix my problems!?!?

Untitled-1.jpg

I don't see how i can change the name of a project to fit the source code i have....

Actually i tried manyways but nothing work....

I can make the source code work but only if use the same names as the SC was made under...

(for the record, i am using the source code from the adobe employee directory)