• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Labels reset after server issues.

Aug 05, 2008 Aug 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're using Robohelp HTML 5.0.2 with RoboSourceControl 2.3.10060

Up until about two weeks ago, all was working fine. Our help files would launch with the tabs labeled appropriately and bringing up the appropriate pages (Topics, Search, and Index) upon activiation.

However, for some reason, it's all gone to pot. The help file launches with the default page, but in the navigation bar to the left, all tabs just launch with a generic "Label." Clicking on them performs no action. However, if I click on the links within the launch page in the right hand screen, I can go to those pages. But nothing ever shows up in the left-hand navigation.

Robohelp screenshot.

Our sysadmins tell me the files on the server have not been moved. The files are in a directory contained in a Content Management System, but it should be acting independently. They're still in the same location at which Robohelp is pointing. So, basically, has this happened to anybody else? I'm sure this has something to do with our server environment, just hoping that somebody else has had the same problem and can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like the wh* folders have been removed or moved. They must reside at the root level of your output folder. This is non-negotiable.

Of course, whoever decided these were irrelevant folders will never own up to it.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MergeThis-

Thanks for the tip. We went in immediately and verified that the whgdata and whxdata folders are present and accounted for in the root of the output folder.

However, after removing the javascript from the tabs and navigation, we are able to see just the basic html version of the tabs.

Screenshot

Any idea why this would be happening?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

Couldn't be what is listed in the article below could it?

Click here to read the article

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
That didn't work either. Our servers are Linux, but we gave it a shot anyway, but no dice.

We're gonna modify the htaccess file and restart during maintenance tonight, see if that does anything.

Oh the suspense!

Thanks for the help, everybody.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp