3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2008 5:24 AM by Newsgroup_User

about effects

vikceo Level 1
      hie.. i have a custom component which behaves like an accordion. On clicking on any of the panel it immediately expands. What I want is to see it exapanding slowly.

any pointers on which effect to be used?
        • 1. Re: about effects
          Hamshmam
          Hi vikceo,

No effect is needed. Simply set the openDuration css property of the Accordion to the number of milliseconds it should take to open. For example --

Accordion {
          openDuration: 750; /* Three times normal length */
          }

Make sure to reference a stylesheet to enable it, as in: <mx:Style source="style.css" />
          • 2. Re: about effects
            vikceo Level 1
            thankx for a quick response but this will not work for me. I am not using the Adobe's Accordion component. I am using my own cutsom component which is created using a VBox and accordion are the canvases which are generated at runtime equals to the number of items in an Arraycollection i pass to my custom component.
            • 3. Re: about effects
              Level 7

"vikceo" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:gands2$c1b$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > thankx for a quick response but this will not work for me. I am not using
              > the
              > Adobe's Accordion component. I am using my own cutsom component which is
              > created using a VBox and accordion are the canvases which are generated at
              > runtime equals to the number of items in an Arraycollection i pass to my
              > custom
              > component.

You can use a repeater inside an Accordion to get the same effect with the
              advantages Hamshmam pointed out. I've "rewritten" Accordion myself as you
              describe because I didn't realize you can do this, and I think you're better
              off if you just use Accordion.