9 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2009 7:10 PM by jendehaan

Help

cece360

I am trying to get a ball from left to right  I click in 28 and insert keyframe then I  right click  and click on create motion tween nothing happens. When I do this same thing on the sample one with the car this is what I get. and when I do the ball one sample2 it don't have the blue bar. What  am I doing wrong? Who can help me. This is home work and I just can't get it to work. I do just what the book says or I wouldn't be able to do it with the car sample. HELP!!

• 1. Re: Help
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Is the ball a symbol?  I can see from your first picture that the car is, but your second picture hasn't loaded, so I can't see if it is or not.

• 2. Re: Help
            cece360 Level 1

how can you tell?

• 3. Re: Help

I can tell because I see what appear to be car symbols in the library, and I'm assuming one of them is the car you used (I may be wrong).

You can tell mostly because you would have created the symbol.  If you just drew the circle on the stage, it is not a symbol.  To convert it to a symbol, select it and choose Modify -> Convert to Symbol.  A Graphic symbol would be sufficient.

• 4. Re: Help
                cece360 Level 1

It was a graphic symbol in the library. just like the car

• 5. Re: Help

I'm assuming from your other posts that you are using CS4.  I am not familiar with doing tweens in CS4, and from what I've heard so far over the last year, I'm not looking forward to upgrading to see what I have to do different for them--I don't have a problem doing it the way I have for the last 10 years.

But I can tell you what I'd tell anyone who isn't using CS4...  To properly make a timeline tween you have to be sure you have the same library symbol at both ends of the tween...  One symbol per tween... no more, no less

That's the best I can offer.

• 6. Re: Help
                    cece360 Level 1

thank you for the help anyways

• 7. Re: Help

Here's an idea... copy the car symbol if you need to have it, edit the original car symbol to be a ball, and you should have your animated ball.

• 8. Re: Help
                        cece360 Level 1

ok thanks

• 9. Re: Help
                          jendehaan Level 4

I can only see one of the two images, so I can't see what's happening with the second instance (so will have to take a guess).

Do you have a single blue frame for the second one?  Flash adds 1 second of frames when you create a tween on frame 1 of a layer. If you, say, have the ball placed at frame 25 and create the tween there, it will be one frame long -- to make the bar, just mouse over that frame and drag to the right to add more frames to that tween span.

A new tween can be created to anything you put on the stage for the most part (raw drawings, different types of symbols, etc). Let me know if you continue to have problems.