5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2008 9:30 PM by vikceo

Scrollbar control

vikceo
      hi

I have my application of fixed height. in it i have put an accordion. So what happens is whenever i expand any panel of the accordion a vertical scroll bar appears on my component as desired.

But the irritating thing is: say i expand the last panel in that case scroll bar enlarges and the view i see is still the same. so to see the contents of the last panel i need to scroll down.

is it possible to do a auto scroll so that i can see the content of the expanded panel to the visible area?

vik
        • 1. Re: Scrollbar control
          Level 7

"vikceo" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:gao78h$a16$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > hi
          >
          > I have my application of fixed height. in it i have put an accordion. So
          > what
          > happens is whenever i expand any panel of the accordion a vertical scroll
          > bar
          > appears on my component as desired.
          >
          > But the irritating thing is: say i expand the last panel in that case
          > scroll
          > bar enlarges and the view i see is still the same. so to see the contents
          > of
          > the last panel i need to scroll down.
          >
          > is it possible to do a auto scroll so that i can see the content of the
          > expanded panel to the visible area?

verticalScrollPosition?

• 2. Re: Scrollbar control
            Gregory Lafrance Level 6
            Maybe don't use fixed height but use percentage based heights?
            • 3. Re: Scrollbar control
              vikceo Level 1
              Greg you comment looks like either i totally dont understand wht u mean or i m not able to clarify my issue...

may be in short i just want to get control over the scroll bar.. not sure how height thing comes to the picture...

Amy.. i tried searching a bit but could not find stuff about using verticalScrollPosition.. could u please point some thing so that i can look a bit more.. if it is what i am looking for...
              • 4. Re: Scrollbar control
                Level 7

"vikceo" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                news:gaoqmc$2u3$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                > Greg you comment looks like either i totally dont understand wht u mean or
                > i m
                > not able to clarify my issue...
                >
                > may be in short i just want to get control over the scroll bar.. not sure
                > how
                > height thing comes to the picture...
                >
                > Amy.. i tried searching a bit but could not find stuff about using
                > verticalScrollPosition.. could u please point some thing so that i can
                > look a
                > bit more.. if it is what i am looking for...

http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/langref/mx/core/Container.html#verticalScrollPosition

• 5. Re: Scrollbar control
                  vikceo Level 1
                  Great guys... thankx a lot.. i was able to implement that...

I was wondering if i can show this effect that is slowly moving the scrollbar to the right position.

Any idea on this ? as per my understanding this is just a property not the object so how will i get a move effect on it?