7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2009 9:58 AM by Tomchook

can't install Adobe trials!

Tomchook Level 1

I had problems installing trials, so I formatted my computer, and these are the programs I've installed before installing any Adobe products:

Firefox

Irfanview

Winamp

Live messenger

Kaspersky security suite

Babylon

Google Talk

Ashampoo burning studio

Foxit reader

Microsoft office 2007

First I tried to install the trials straight away, and after it failed I tried to to disable all the programs running in the background (including Kaspersky), but still the installation failed.

I could not think of any solution, since I've formatted my computer (restored Vista on my laptop - HP pavilion dv9000). What else can I do?

Before formatting I used the CS3 and CS4 scripts to remove and remnants, but still it didn't work..

• 1. Re: can't install Adobe trials!
          Tomchook Level 1

These are for example the error messages I get when I try to install Adobe After effects CS4

Adobe After Effects CS4
          Error:
          Error 1603. Fatal error during installation.

Adobe Device Central CS4
          Error:

Adobe Media Encoder CS4
          Error:

• 2. Re: can't install Adobe trials!
            Adolfo Rozenfeld Adobe Employee

Did you try re-downloading the trial to make sure it's not corrupted?

• 3. Re: can't install Adobe trials!
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

First things first: did you really "restore" Vista using a system restore point or did you re-install it? If the first, the restore may simply not contain a critical system file added later during an update. Second: Did any of the Adobe apps properly run and install on your "old" Vista? Were the errors you experienced there different or does it boil down to the same? Third: Is anything specifically configured based on the HP branding, e.g. special HP modded drivers or any of their managemnet softwares? Please provide some info on that. If you can, please also provide the install logs (C:Program Files\Common\Adobe\Installers\).

Mylenium

• 4. Re: can't install Adobe trials!
                Tomchook Level 1

The same trials are working on other computers. I actually created a boot disk (with Acronis TrueImage), and mounted that image. I have to mention that these trials used to work on the same system (before the problem started which made me format it).

All the problems started before I formatted, when I installed Illustrator CS4, and then removed it using CS3 script. Then all the other Adobe programs went wrong and I had to eventually format.

HP don't have special modded drivers.. at least not that I know of.. (and again, it used to work fine before on the same system).

I've attached the log files. I hope it can help

Thank you!

Tom

• 5. Re: can't install Adobe trials!
                  Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Mmh, it's still somewhat inconclusive. What happens is definitely that it cannot register the PCD, the core part of the serial number and activation system. Until that point everything seems to be going fine, then it rolls back the install. This still could mean that it doesn't like your restored partition somehow. It's just not clear why and since it doesn't really say what's going on beyond session dependencies not being satisfied, I can't really give you any pointers. Short of a full low-level format and re-install of the operating system there seems no way to resolve this. Funnily, this most certainly will resolve itself with a full install. You could of course have one last look through the knowledge base regarding the various 1603 errors, but I didn't see any of your current software being flagged as an offending app, so this may be a far cry....

Mylenium

• 6. Re: can't install Adobe trials!
                    yenaphe Level 4

Can you install Adobe Reader or Flash plugin for Firefox, or does it crash also ?

• 7. Re: can't install Adobe trials!
                      Tomchook Level 1

I just tried, and they are both installed without any problem..