This content has been marked as final. Show 3 replies
I had some major issues moving from v5 to v6 - after countless tries (uninstalls / installs, registry edits, offerings to the gods, etc.), I gave up and reverted back to 5. Then, when I got 7, it didn't want to cooperate either. There are some threads of discussion I took part in about this, but they are to painful to dig up and relive!
Very long story short, I ended up rebuilding the CPD file in v5 BEFORE running the upgrade against my projects, then installed v7. Even now, I occasionally have to rebuild the CPD, when it gets bloated. But doing the initial repairs in v5 was the solution.
And this is without the whole SourceSafe layer to contend with.
I feel your pain.
I went the following route to fix this problem:
1. Made a copy of the RH6 project (for back-up porposes)
2. Removed the RH6 project from version control.
3. Upgraded the project using RH7. (CPD and HHP files successfully created)
4. Added the upgraded RH7 project to version control (in new location).
5. Life was business as usual.