5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2009 10:17 PM by elaine montoya

Adobe After Effects CS4 Crashes After Reinstall

iMike 2

Hello Adobe Community,

I come to you asking for help, my After Effects CS4 stopped working after reinstalling Leopard, I already reinstalled my Suite and Runned the Clean Up Script and still not working, first I launch the App and shows me the following error: "After Effects has encountered an error: [/Chinchillada/pro/ext/adobe/MediaCore/MedialLayer/VideoFilterHost/Make/Mac/../../Src/AEP luginVideoFilterModule.cpp-107]" then I click continue and then it shows me another error: "After Effects can't continue: An Output contract violation has ocurred!" then it shows another error: "After Effects warning: Failed to initialize mediacore" then it shows this "After Effects warning: Media Core is not correctly initialized" then it launches and freezes and shows that the app quitted unexpectedly, I'm sure that the app is dead but I already reinstalled with no success.

Im Running:

• Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.7
      • Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHz
      • 1 GB Ram

After Effects worked and runned perfectly Please Help!

Mike

• 1. Re: Adobe After Effects CS4 Crashes After Reinstall
          elaine montoya Level 3

Hi Mike,

Sorry you are experiencing problems with After Effects.

I have a couple of questions....

- did you install from a download, or a CD? if from a download, please download again, as their may have been issues

- did you update it to v 9.02?

- did you have a previous beta version on your computer?

- you said you reinstalled Leopard - did you do a clean install? (ie reformatting your harddrive and starting clean)

I have experienced issues on the mac with a variety of different applications is I do a 're-install" vs a clean install.

Finally, are you aware that the minimum RAM requirements for AE CS4 is2GB

So since you only have 1GB, it could be a RAM  issue.

If you decided you want to try reinstalling before doing the more difficult task (reformatting Mac OS X with a clean install), I would run the cleanup script first, redownload, install, and then update.

Here's the link: <http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cs4clean.html>

good luck,

elaine

• 2. Re: Adobe After Effects CS4 Crashes After Reinstall
            iMike 2 Level 1

Thanks for Answering Elaine,

I got it from the Master Collection DVD, The Updates are currently downloading so i havent tested it with the 9.02 update, I didnt have any beta Installed before, The Reinstalling of Leopard was an Archive and Install (I keep all my files, and just place a fresh copy of Leopard) because of a series of problems that I had but it showed that the reinstall was clean and successfull, and yes I'm aware that the requirement is 2GB of RAM, and maybe it could be RAM issue as you say, but After Effects runned smoothly without problems before the Reinstall, I will test after its updated and I'll let you know what happened Thank you very much Elaine!

• 3. Re: Adobe After Effects CS4 Crashes After Reinstall
              elaine montoya Level 3

Hi Mike,

Your Leopard reinstall, is not officially what Apple refers to as a 'clean install'. It definitely could be a 'successfull' re-install. But a clean install is where you back up all of your data, documents, etc., then install OS X, then re-load your applications. It's lots of work .

In general, the kind of install you did can work, but I have personally experienced issues installing that way -- nothing like a clean install! It's like a new machine.

Anyway, try the things I recommended, and let me know.

good luck,

elaine

• 4. Re: Adobe After Effects CS4 Crashes After Reinstall
                iMike 2 Level 1

Elaine I have wonderful news, my After Effects WORKED after the update, I dont know what happen but it worked, this is great, Thank you very much for the support, I really do thank you Elaine!

Mike

• 5. Re: Adobe After Effects CS4 Crashes After Reinstall
                  elaine montoya Level 3

No problem.

When you have a chance, add some more RAM to your computer. After Effects loves RAM!

elaine