3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2009 5:38 AM by leybniz

Flash builder 4 installation somehow broke my flex builder 3 debuggin/running/profiling launch.

Exca

After installing flash builder 4 neither it nor flex builder 3 has been able to launch swf:s from flex. After hitting run or debug flex gives a prompt saying "Flash Player not Found. Flex builder cannot locate the required version of Flash Player. You might need to install Flash Player 9 or reinstall Flex Builder. Do you want to try to run your application with the current version?". The popup itself happened before installing flash builder 4. But normally I would just hit yes and it would use whatever flashplayer is default.

Now if I click yes it launches command prompt with a path to flex builder 3 installation folder. When running from flash builder 4, same happens except the path is the installation folder for flash builder 4. Flex then starts waiting for connection from debugger and after a while it prompts a timeout message. The command prompts title is ...\workspace\project\bin-debug\filename.swf.

When opening the swf files directly from windows they open fine.

I used the uninstaller software for flash player and then fetched both fp9&10 and reinstalled them. Which didn't help. When launching to browser everything works just fine, the problem occurs only when launching to standalone player. I tried to check registry settings if there would be something wrong, but all the paths for flashplayers seem to be ok.

Is there any other hope to fix this than reinstalling flex builder 3 & flash builder 4 from scratch?