6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2009 10:40 AM by Finalversion

Time scale tool tip

Finalversion

Hello there!

How can I create a function to write a tool tip that gives details of the date that the mouse is pointing in the time scale bars??

All and any help would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: Time scale tool tip
          leybniz Level 4

dataTipFunction ?

• 2. Re: Time scale tool tip
            Finalversion Level 1

Thank you for your reply.

How can it be done? Can you be a little more specific?

Thank you

• 3. Re: Time scale tool tip
              leybniz Level 4

I would be glad to be more specific, but I can't figure out what "time scale bars" is? are you using charts components? if yes which ones, specify class names or at least tags mx:???

If you feel this message answers your question or helps, please mark it respectively

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Time scale tool tip
                Finalversion Level 1

I'm using a ilog elixir gantt chart component and I would like to create a tool tip that would indicate what time is the mouse pointing to.

This component has two bars the one in the upper side is more generic. Both of the bars in this component indicate time but the one that is on top is more aggregated.

The mx: tags that I'm using are the flex and the ilog ones:

xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml"

xmlns:ilog="http://www.ilog.com/2007/ilog/flex"

Thank you

• 5. Re: Time scale tool tip
                  leybniz Level 4

I see, thank you.  I feel this issue could be addressed to the iLog guys more than here, anyway I'm not familiar with their product, but I could suggest you a direction only,

I assume you don't have sources for the components you are using, just binary .swc library.So the only thing you could do is to digg into components documentation and try to find something which looks like "dataTipFunction", "toolTipFunction", etc.

Probably someone in here has some experience with that library, good luck

If you feel this message answers your question or helps, please mark it respectively

1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Time scale tool tip
                    Finalversion Level 1

Thank you for the tips...

The ilog guys told me to address this question into this forum.

I don't really have the sources of the components, just the swc...

I'll try as you say and dig in into it on the documentation of the ilog.

Thank you again