3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2009 5:58 PM by the_wine_snob

premiere pro CS3 not responding after attempting to generate peak files

timgannon

HI,

cs3 problem

in transfering data from one computer to another we use an external hard drive. today i opened the project from the external hard drive (that had previously been worked on on another computer)   but it stalled during the generation of peak files and didnt respond at all. Can someone help?  

my specs : windows vista

processor: AMD athlon(tm) 64 x2 dual core processor 3800+  2.00GHz

32 bit

hard drive space: 134gb out of 222 gb

file folder of the project is : 31.2gb  

project PRPROJ file size: 676 kb

• 1. Re: premiere pro CS3 not responding after attempting to generate peak files
          the_wine_snob Level 9

When you say

but it stalled during the generation of peak files and didnt respond at all

How long did you wait? What was the little process bar in the lower right-hand edge of the GUI showing? While Conforming and PEK generation are going on, PrPro will become non-responsive on many machines. I can still edit, albeit slowly, on my workstation, but in many cases, it seems to freeze.

Larger files and slower systems can take some real time for this activity to complete.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: premiere pro CS3 not responding after attempting to generate peak files
            timgannon Level 1

hi,

i waited maybe 5 minutes on the first file that was half way done after 20 seconds but stoped for the next five minutes. i clicked on the timeline but nothing would respond and after that it just shut down.

... okay tried it again just now and cant open at all. received windows message as follows:

in box: windows- no disk

big red x with as follows: exception processing message oxc0000013 parameters 0x75dbo23c 0x83e51b4c 0x75dbo23c 0x75db023c

Anyone know what this message might be from windows?

Message was edited by: timgannon

• 3. Re: premiere pro CS3 not responding after attempting to generate peak files
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Directly, no. Sounds like a Windows error message. That could well signal other problems with your system.

Before you do much more work, or a lot of re-booting, open up Event Viewer. There are two tabs to study, Application and System. Each will open a long list of messages. Ignore all except for the yellow warnings and the red error message. This is for both tabs. Dbl-click on all yellow and all red entries. Follow any links. Some might just lead to odd codes, that even MS coders cannot use. Still, you will likely have some clues in there. Most links will probably go to MS knowledgebase articles, and some might well lead to software, or hardware vendors' Web sites.

Here's a look at Event Viewer in action:

Event Viewer 01.jpg

Good luck,

Hunt