0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2009 12:29 PM by Willsan

Problem with Dissolve effect

Willsan

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to fade-in a canvas with some text on mouseOver using a dissolve effect.  The result from my code my bellow, is the canvas fading from Alpha 1.0 to Alpha 0.3 instead of Alpha 0.0 to Alpha 0.3 like I want it to.  I've setup "dissolveIn" to be alphaFrom="0.0" alphaTo="1.0" and it seems like the text control fades in from 0, but the canvas fades from 1.0?  Is it possible to dissolve a Canvas from alpha 0.0 like I'm trying bellow?  Thank You!

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
      <mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml" layout="absolute" backgroundAlpha="0">

<mx:Dissolve id="dissolveIn" duration="1000" alphaFrom="0.0" alphaTo="1.0"/>

<mx:VBox height="100%" width="100%" backgroundColor="green">
            <mx:Canvas id="cnvMain" width="100%" height="100%">
                   <mx:Canvas id="cnvInfo" width="300" height="30" top="170" visible="false" backgroundAlpha="0.3" backgroundColor="black" showEffect="{dissolveIn}">
                            <mx:Text id="txtOverlay" color="white" fontSize="18" fontWeight="bold" text="test" />
                  </mx:Canvas>
                  <mx:Canvas id="cnvOverlay" width="100%" height="100%" mouseOut="{cnvInfo.visible=false}" mouseOver="{cnvInfo.visible=true}"/>
            </mx:Canvas>
      </mx:VBox>
      </mx:Application>