0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2009 3:57 PM by Joycehm

Adobe album photo 'reconnect' causes Runtime error in Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Joycehm

When I try to open photos from any of my Adobe 3.2 Starter Album albums, it tells me I must reconnect the files.  Adobe browses for them, and can usually locate them on my hard drive.  Lately, it can't find them, and I have to 'browse' to locate them.  When I do, and open the photo in 'My Pictures', I get an immediate message: Prog: ...hop Album Starter Edition\3.2\Apps\ComponentLauncher.exe. This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.  Please contact the application's support team for more information.

The message is generated by Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library.  When I go back to look at the photo in the album, there is a 'ripped' icon at the bottom of the photo.  ALSO: The videos I had stored in my albums, with .avi extensions, which also have hard drive backup, no longer play (with the exception of one), and a notification came up requesting codecs.  When I tried to play them on either RealPlayer or Windows Media, they were playing with the screen showing random swirling colors, as if they were mp3's.

Can anyone help me solve this problem?