2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2007 2:27 PM by Newsgroup_User

flipping a mask

chrisgm187 Level 1
      Hi

I have an img with half of the img faded with a mask, i would like to flip the mask over so the other half of the img is masked instead. I have treid using the transform tools like flip rotate and free transform but the img ends up upside down or in some wierd way. Is there a simple command to flip a mask over.
        • 1. Re: flipping a mask
          Level 7
          In the layers panel click on the mask (dark icon on the right) and
          manipulate the gradient handles.

alex

chrisgm187 wrote:
          > Hi
          >
          > I have an img with half of the img faded with a mask, i would like to flip the
          > mask over so the other half of the img is masked instead. I have treid using
          > the transform tools like flip rotate and free transform but the img ends up
          > upside down or in some wierd way. Is there a simple command to flip a mask over.
          >
          • 2. Re: flipping a mask
            Level 7
            Tyr breaking the chain link (in the layer list between img and mask).

Breaking the link makes it easier to move img or mask independently of
            each other.

Recreating the link means that both img and mask move as one.

chrisgm187 wrote:
            > Hi
            >
            > I have an img with half of the img faded with a mask, i would like to flip the
            > mask over so the other half of the img is masked instead. I have treid using
            > the transform tools like flip rotate and free transform but the img ends up
            > upside down or in some wierd way. Is there a simple command to flip a mask over.
            >