3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2009 10:36 AM by Chunick

Internal Quicktime Movie

Retrozilla

Hi

I would like to import a Quicktime Movie into Director. I thought with "Standard Import" you're actually importing the files into Director. But after starting the Projector I'm asked "Where is.....mov". What must be done to include the Quicktime Movies in Director/without link to an external file?

• 1. Re: Internal Quicktime Movie
          Retrozilla Level 1

Ok, I have learned that Quicktime cast members always remain linked to the orginial external Quicktime Movie - even with the Standard Import option. So when you distribute a movie, the videos must always be included along with the Projector.

But how can I protect the external Quicktime Movies then? Users shouldn't be allowed to play the Quicktime Movies with the Quicktime Player. Is there a chance to protect the external Movies?

• 2. Re: Internal Quicktime Movie
            Chunick Level 3

in the help search for:

qtRegisterAccessKey() and qtUnRegisterAccessKey()... I believe you will need to encode your .mov using the full registered version of Quicktime to set the key in the video itself.

• 3. Re: Internal Quicktime Movie
              Chunick Level 3

Retrozilla wrote:

Ok, I have learned that Quicktime cast members always remain linked to the orginial external Quicktime Movie - even with the Standard Import option. So when you distribute a movie, the videos must always be included along with the Projector.

But how can I protect the external Quicktime Movies then? Users shouldn't be allowed to play the Quicktime Movies with the Quicktime Player. Is there a chance to protect the external Movies?

Yup. Before the advent of SWF and FLV, there was not a single video format that could be embedded into a projector (or other apps such as PowerPoint, for that matter).