6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2009 10:35 AM by the_wine_snob

Entry Point Not Found

Ph1loSophy

I tried to open the Adobe media encoder and get the message :the procedure entry point ??0NewhandlerInitializer@ErrorManager@config@dvacore@@QAE@XZ could not be located in the dynamic link library dvacore.dll. I can load Premier Pro okay.

• 1. Re: Entry Point Not Found
          the_wine_snob Level 9

A Repair Installation can often fix missing, or corrupt .dll's. This would be my first course of action.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Entry Point Not Found
            Ph1loSophy Level 1

I have no repair option.  I could uninstall a goodly chunk of the CS4 Master Suite to get encoder to run standalone; but I'm not sure it's worth it to me.  thanks anyway

• 3. Re: Entry Point Not Found
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Unless Adobe has made a major change, it works this way:

1.) Insert Installation disc and initialize the Installer. Be patient.

2.) You should get a dialog screen with the components in the suite that you wish to install. Choose PrPro.

3.) The installer module will have done a survey of your system, and will now do another one. Be patient.

4.) Once this survey is complete, you should get another dialog screen with two options: Uninstall, or Repair Install.

5.) Choose Repair Install.

Hope that this not only works, but also fixes your issue.

Good luck,

Hunt

[Edit] At several points you may also be asked to replace the disc in the drive with another disc from the set. You do have the discs, and are not installing from a download, right?

• 4. Re: Entry Point Not Found
                Ph1loSophy Level 1

I ended up doing a clean install of Windows 7 beta.  The reload of Master Suite CS4 went without a hitch.  Everything works great.  For what it's worth, the Master Suite doesn't give you the options the single program disks apparently do - based on your advice.

My method: 1) use easy transfer to copy my user files from the laptop to an external USB drive

2) do clean install (but not with a disk format-repartitioning)

3) do install of master suite

4) use easy transfer to copy from usb to different user on laptop

5) copy my projects from olduser files to new

• 5. Re: Entry Point Not Found
                  Ph1loSophy Level 1

I LOVE Adobe forums.  Thanks.

• 6. Re: Entry Point Not Found
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Glad that you got it sorted, and thanks for reporting back.

Sorry that it came to a full reinstallation, but sometimes that is just the best way to handle things like this. I'm a lazy sot, so I always look for a good way, without all of the work.

Hunt